Donations to the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine strengthen its financial foundation, giving life to innovative programs in patient care, education, and research, and sustaining its growth for the future. All gifts to the Center are tax deductible as provided by law.
If you would like to make a donation to the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine, please select a method of donation below:
Donate online (via credit card or PayPal)
Donate by mail (via check or credit card)
- 1. Download a remittance form. On the form, indicate whether you wish to donate to the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine Fund or the Shirley Hui Memorial Fund (click to see distinction).
- 2. Mail the form along with payment to:
UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
1015 Gayley Avenue, Suite 105
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- If you would like to donate by other means (e.g. gifts of appreciated securities, matching gifts, pledges, real estate, bequests, charitable gift annuities, and qualified retirement plans), please inquire with our administrative office at <email@example.com> or call (310) 794-0712. UCLA’s taxpayer identification numbers (TINs) are the employer identification numbers assigned by the Internal Revenue Service. UCLA's federal taxpayer ID number is 95-225-0801.
If you have any questions about making a donation, please contact our administrative office at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or call (310) 794-0712.
Which fund do I donate to?
- Center for East-West Medicine Fund
- Receiving unrestricted funds through the Center for East-West Medicine Fund is of particular value to us because it can be used for the most pressing expenses or program opportunities. If you would like to earmark your donation to this fund for a particular project, we are also happy to work with you to direct your gift to your area of interest.
- Shirley Hui Memorial Fund
- The Shirley Hui Memorial Fund has been established to support education in integrative East-West medicine. Several award programs have been created to open doors of a range of studies and professional advancement opportunities to highly motivated students and trainees in medicine who aspire to improve healthcare with integrative medicine in their future careers.
UCLA Foundation Policy
The 1977 California Information Practices Act requires UCLA to inform individuals asked to supply information about themselves of the following: UCLA is requesting this information to update the general resource files of its External Affairs Department. Furnishing the information is strictly voluntary and will be maintained confidentially. The information may be used by other University departments in the regular course of business but will not be disseminated to others except if required by law. You have the right to review your own data file. Inquiries should be forwarded to Assistant Vice Chancellor – Finance and Information Management, External Affairs, 10920 Wilshire Blvd. 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024-6511
Donor’s Consent to Use Personal Information
The University is grateful for the support it receives from alumni, parents, and friends. One of the ways we express our thanks is by listing the names of donors in web-based and/or print publications. Should you wish that your name not appear as a donor, please notify us if you have not already done so.
Fiduciary Responsibility of The UCLA Foundation
The UCLA Foundation is a California non-profit, public benefit corporation organized for the purpose of encouraging voluntary private gifts, trusts and bequests for the benefit of the UCLA campus. Responsibility for governance of The Foundation, including investments, is vested in its Board of Directors.
Recovery of Operating Costs from Private Gifts
It is the policy of the UCLA Foundation and the University of California, Los Angeles that a portion of the gift principal and/or income is used to provide essential support necessary to UCLA’s overall operations. For purposes of partially defraying the costs of the University’s operations, a one-time fee based on a percentage of all gifts received is retained by UCLA. The fee is currently 6.5%.