East-West Primary Care Fellowship
The UCLA Center for East-West Medicine (CEWM) is offering a new fellowship in East-West Primary Care. The fellowship is designed for physicians who have completed an ACGME-accredited residency program in internal medicine. This two-year program will help meet the demand for high-level generalists that practice integrative medicine. The integrative East-West medicine model as practiced at the CEWM is a person-centered approach operating within the biopsychosocial framework with a strong emphasis on self-care to help solve clinical problems while incorporating many diagnostic approaches and therapeutic modalities originating from traditional Chinese medicine.
The East-West Primary Care Fellowship is a vital part of the planned expansion for a full-service integrative health center which merges primary care seamlessly with the East-West specialty consultative clinic. Fellows will be given the opportunity to build a thriving outpatient general internal medicine practice on-site and with mentorship. Those who successfully complete the two-year training will receive priority consideration for a faculty appointment at CEWM and within the UCLA Health System.
- The fellowship curriculum includes the following key components:
- Extensive clinical training in the CEWM referral/continuity clinic
- Participation in teaching of trainees rotating through CEWM
- Regular academic conferences on a broad range of relevant topics as well as interesting and challenging case discussions
- Involvement in research, education and publishing projects in collaboration with faculty and peers at CEWM and the UCLA Division of General Internal Medicine
- Participation in lectures, academic conferences, and hands-on workshops conducted by experts found locally, nationally and internationally
Under the Department of Medicine at UCLA, the Center for East-West Medicine is a
busy, outpatient consultative practice that sees nearly 13,000 patient visits annually,
with referrals from the entire UCLA primary care and subspecialty network including pain
management, rheumatology, neurology, gastroenterology, women's health, cardiology,
allergy/immunology, sports medicine, orthopedics, head and neck surgery and thoracic
surgery. Opportunities are also available for inpatient consultative experiences.
Please contact for more information: email@example.com or (310) 794-0712.