For past 2017 education programs and events, please visit timeline.
- CEWM Fellowship Applications Due by 11/1/2017
- Info Session for Summer Travel-Study Program: East-West Medicine and Public Health in Shanghai, 11/30/2017, 4:00-5:00pm, Geffen Hall Room 207. Join us for an overview of what the summer immersive experience will entail, including the course schedule and enrollment logistics. Bring your questions!
2018 CEWM Educational Programs & Events:
- Integrative East-West Medicine Selective Course, David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM) - 1/8/18, 1/22/18, 1/29/18, 2/5/18, 3/5/18, 3/19/18, 3/26/18. This is open to 1st and 2nd year medical students. UCLA graduate students in nursing, public health and dental school are allowed; student need to request for faculty permission and petition for credits with their SAO.
- Integrative East-West Medicine Elective Course, DGSOM - 2/20-3/2. This course is tailored for 4th year medical students.
- 6th Annual UCLA Annual Conference for Integrative Medicine - The Art of Graceful Aging, 2/24/2018 (Saturday) - Registration is Open
- UCLA Travel-Study Program in Shanghai: Integrative East-West Medicine and Public Health (MED180A&B/GLB HLT 110A&110B)- 6/18/2018-7/13/2018, The program includes cultural immersion events, multiple site visits to healthcare clinics and hospital as well as experiential workshops on self-care and therapeutic modals. The course is intended for those who have special interest in china, chinese healthcare, medicine, public health and/or health promotion. Enrollment starts 11/15/2017. For Scholarship Opportunity, please complete form below by 1/29/2018:
- 2nd Annual Symposium on the Potential of Chinese Medicine in United States (PCM-US) held on UCLA Campus, 8/12/2018 (Sunday). Theme: Clinical Application and Research on Tai Chi. Registration: TBA
- Global Perspectives on Integrative Medicine (GPIM): 4-Week Leadership Training Program, 7/30-8/24
- UCLA Summer Session - Medicine 180 Integrative East-West Medicine at UCLA, Session C (8/6-9/15)
- Eighth Annual Shirley Hui Memorial Lecture on Integrative Oncology, 8/10/2018 (Wednesday), Time: TBD
- CEWM Fellowship Applications due by 11/1/2018
- 25th Year Anniversary Celebration, 12/8 (Details: TBA)
Ongoing Events & Programs:
- Case Studies Series: Quarterly Academic Case Presentation from CEWM's clinicians to share with practicing health professionals and professional students