UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
Department of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
Yi Liu, MD (China), PhD is an associate professor and deputy chief physician at the Integrative Medicine Institute at Huashan Hospital of Fudan University. Dr. Liu has extensive experience in nephrology and pharmacology of Chinese herbs. He is currently a visiting scientist at UCLA Center for East-West Medicine to assist in building the herbal medicine program and a collaborative East-West nephrology program.
Dr. Liu received his PhD at Integrative Medicine Institute of Fudan University. His research interest is in the prevention and treatment of endocrine and metabolic diseases, specifically on the integrative East-West approach in secondary renal disease. His most recent research focuses on the prevention of metabolic syndrome and diabetic nephropathy.
Dr. Liu have published his research in SCI journals and have featured studies in international conferences. He also serve as an active member in the following academic committees:
- Standing director, Endocrine and Metabolic Disease Committee of Shanghai Association of Chinese Integrative Medicine;
- Committee member, Nephrology Committee of Shanghai Association of Chinese Integrative Medicine;
- Council member, Shanghai Association of Chinese Integrative Medicine Society;
- Committee member, Deficiency Syndrome and Geriatrics Professional Committee of Chinese Association of Integrative Medicine;
- Council member, Metabolic Disease of the World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies.