2017 CEWM Educational Programs & Events:
- Summer Session at UCLA: Med 180, June 26, 2017 - August 4, 2017 UCLA Summer Session Course on the Introduction to Integrative East-West Medicine for Health and Wellness. UC-Credits will be granted
- 2-Week Course for Health Professionals and Students in Shanghai, China July 31-August 11, 2017 An immersive clinical experience in integrative East-West Medicine for health professionals (MD, RN, LAc, etc.), students of all levels and community members. Participants will learn about basic concepts and various techniques of Chinese medicine in China’s rapidly changing healthcare landscape, and integrative medicine strategies being implemented to address personal and community health issues. Enrollment available now for July 31-August 11, 2017. Undergraduate and graduate student welcomed to join.
- Herbal Medicine Publishing Competition (Up to $10,000 in prizes!) To gather innovative ideas from stakeholders, the Center is hosting an herbal medicine publishing competition to crowd-source new solutions for improving the use of CHMs. As part of this competition, the Center is making $10,000 available in prizes to motivate stakeholders and the public to generate novel and feasible strategies that positively affect the use of CHMs. Submission deadline: June 30, 2017.
- Music and Medicine Series, October 21, 2016 - May 18, 2017. Most events will combine talks from expert physicians with musical performances and are free and open to the public
CEWM Integrative Medicine Week:
- July 13th—Morning Symposium: "Approaches to Clinical Implementation of Integrative Medicine". An international group of speakers will discuss various clinical models of integrative medicine. 9:00-11:30AM. Tamkin Auditorium RRMC.
- July 14th—Afternoon Symposium & Pre-Summit Dinner: "Global Perspectives on Integrative Medicine Policy". Global thought-leaders will analyze regional and multinational policies on integrative medicine. (Invitation-only)
- July 15th—Summit: "Chinese Herbal Medicine". This Summit will assemble a multinational group of stakeholders in clinical practice, education, research, and policy to develop new strategies for addressing the challenges associated with Chinese Herbal Medicine. (Invitation-only)
- July 16th - Symposium on the Potential of Chinese Medicine in the United States, Sunday, July 16, 2017, 9:00AM-3:30PM, The event to convene leading authorities in Chinese Medicine to speak about the potential that Chinese medicine holds in the U.S. healthcare system. They will touch upon the various hurdles that must be overcome in order to integrate this healing tradition more broadly into clinical practice. Speakers include Qi Zhang, MD, Director of Traditional Medicine at the World Health Organization (WHO), Hildegarde Aguinaldo, JD, MPH, President of California Acupuncture Board and many others. This Symposium is for individuals who are practicing, teaching and/or learning Chinese medicine. Register now.