On Saturday, March 1st, 2014, CEWM and Students for Integrative Medicine at UCLA will be hosting the Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine (ASCIM 2014) at Tamkin Auditorium, UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. This year's theme will be "Science and Art of Whole-Person Healing for the 21st Century." Registration is now open!
Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine
"Science and Art of Whole-Person Healing for the 21st Century"
SATURDAY, March 1st, 2014
Tamkin Auditorium (B-130), UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Click here to view our conference flyer!
- Regular registration for students, professionals, and community members is now open.
Breakfast, lunch, and a conference goodie bag & T-shirt will be provided. All registration fees are non-refundable.
- CEUs will be available for a nominal fee the day of the conference.
"[Students for Integrative Medicine (SIM, formerly NCAM) is] doing important work in bringing forward the whole person, health-focused, and team-based values, practices and disciplines associated with integrative health and medicine." - John Weeks, The Integrator Blog, ACCAHC
Interested in whole-person medicine? Join 150+ pre-health and professional students from Southern California in learning how a whole-person approach to medicine can address the healthcare needs of the 21st Century. This day-long event will include hands-on workshops demonstrating a biopsychosocial, nutritional, and environmental framework for health cultivation (including Tai Chi, Yoga, Creative Arts Therapy, and Chinese Herbal Medicine), a diverse health professional student panel, and keynote addresses from prominent leaders in integrative healthcare.
- Victoria Maizes, MD, University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Michael Goldstein, PhD, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health & UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
- Interactive workshops (Tai Chi, Yoga, Creative Arts, Herbal Medicine, and more!)
- Sandi Chiu, MSOM, LAc, UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
- Suzie Kline, PhD, CNP, LAc, Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Shin Lin, PhD, UCI Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine
- Eva Nemeth, MPT, EVA Movement
- Michael Sinel, MD, UCLA Medical Center, Samata International Yoga & Health Institute
- Diana Winston, PhD, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Ping Ho, MA, MPH, UCLArts and Healing
- Lawrence Lau, MD, MSOM, LAc, Yosan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Professional Student Panel
- Led by David Geffen IMSIG Medical Students
- Including students in Nursing, Osteopathic, Naturopathic, and Oriental Medicine
Support our conference
- Click HERE to view our Sponsorship Request as well as information about sponsorship tiers and conference benefits.
- Click HERE to donate securely on our GoFundMe page. Information on sponsorship tiers and conference benefits are also included on the GoFundMe page.***Note: We will be processing all online donations via GoFundMe, and not PayPal as listed in previous sponsorship letters.***
For inquiries about event sponsorship or programming, please email Vivianne at <email@example.com>.