Event: Tuesday, May 3, 2016
May 7, 2016
American College of Physicians (ACP)
Internal Medicine Meeting 2016
Edward Hui, MD, Associate Clinical Professor and Director of the East-West Primary Care program at the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine, spoke on the topic of Integrating Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine: What is the Evidence?
The presentation addressed the following:
- What can internists learn from the traditional Chinese medical approach to evaluation and treatment of medical conditions?
- Which conditions are most likely to respond to a traditional Chinese medical approach?
- What is the evidence for traditional Chinese medical treatment modalities, including acupuncture and herbs?
- What are the risks of traditional Chinese medicine? Are there patients for whom some treatments (e.g., herbs) are contraindicated?
- What does integrative medicine refer to, and how does it benefit our patients?
Please click the picture below to view Dr. Edward Hui's presentation.