In Summer of 2015, UCLA Center for East-West Medicine will be offering MED180: Introduction to Integrative East-West Medicine for Health and Wellness from June 23 - July 30, 2015 (6 weeks, Tuesdays and Thursdays).
The MEDICINE 180 course at UCLA Summer Sessions is designed to provide an overarching introduction to integrative healthcare, particularly the therapeutic approaches originated from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Students will learn (1) the theoretical underpinnings of integrative medicine and TCM, (2) the management of personal well-being through experiential learning of various therapeutic modalities, and (3) current clinical applications of integrative medicine from practitioners and patients.
- Integrative East-West Medicine and its role in prevention and health cultivation
- Herbs and nutritional supplements
- Pain management using acupuncture, acupressure, massage and other self-help techniques
- Maintaining a healthy immune system and reducing inflammation and stress.
Hands-on practice and experiential sessions will be incorporated.
In Summer 2015, the course will be offered during Summer Session A from June 23 – July 30, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-11:30AM.
Enrollment will be open to students of all levels from within and outside UCLA. International students are also welcome to enroll. Healthcare professionals interested in expanding their career to integrative medicine will also benefit from the overview offered in this course.
Early enrollment is now open!
- Click HERE to visit the UCLA Summer Sessions site for enrollment and fee assessment.
- Click HERE to view the MED 180 class schedule on the UCLA Registrar.
- Click HERE for more information.
**Upon enrollment, the course also offers 25 CEU units for acupuncturists upon request.**
If you have any additional questions about the Medicine 180 course, contact Vivianne Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions for registration can be directed to UCLA Summer Sessions at email@example.com.